It’s fun to throw a Boomerang, just like Mowgli did. The unique body and curves of a Boomerang make it the only projectile that can fly parallel to the ground and defy gravity. In this Boomerang making and testing workshop, we teach you everything you want to know about boomerangs. Participate in this workshop to know about the physics, manufacturing techniques and throwing tricks of a Boomerang. It’s easy, it’s fun and rest assured you will have the time of your life while playing with it!
• Design, build and test your own Boomerang
• Learn physics behind lift generation in Boomerang
The workshop has the following modules
1. Lecture: Introduction to the physics behind Boomerangs
2. Design Session: The participants would design their own boomerangs.
3. Fabrication: As per the design developed in the earlier session, participants would give a physical form to their Boomerang
4. Throwing Demo: Demonstration of Boomerang throwing techniques.
5. Testing: After thorough verification, the models would finally be tested by flying them.
Physics behind Boomerang
Features and types of Boomerang
Introduction to flight
Concept of lift
Design of Boomerang
Throwing techniques of Boomerang
Balsa Wooden plank
Other miscellaneous items
1. Certificate of Merit for all the workshop participants from SAW RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT.
2. At the end of this workshop, a small competition will be organized among the participating students and winners will be awarded with a 'Certificate of Excellence'.
3. Certificate of Coordination for the coordinators of the school workshops.
This course is open to all students interested in Boomerang
Students interested for a career in Aerospace and Aviation related fields of engineering