If you want to learn about flying objects and don't know where to start, SAW R&D gives you just the right platform with a Balsa Glider workshop.
Designing and fabricating a glider helps one understand the basic idea behind flight and the significance of various parts of the airplane. The workshop helps the participant understand aerodynamics, controls and stability in the simplest manner.
By tweaking slightly with various parts of the glider, one can actually make it perform some interesting aerobatics. This will help the participant understand the basic principles of flight.
• Build your own Chuck Glider with Balsa Wood.
• Learn the Basics of Aircraft flight.
• Initiation into field of Aeronautical engineering through Aeromodelling.
Lecture on Understanding Aircraft Design - Duration 3 hours
In these modules the participants are introduced to
o Basic concepts of a glider
o Understanding of physics behind aircraft
o Important parts of an Aircraft
o Different systems of an aircraft
o Aerodynamics of a glider
o Stability of a glider
o Designing a glider
Designing and fabricating a glider - Duration 3 hours
o Concepts in design of a glider
o Implementing the design to construct a glider
o Efficiency of a glider
Launching Demo and Competition - Duration 2 hours
o Launching techniques of a glider
Other miscellaneous items
1. Certificate of Merit for all the workshop participants from SAW RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT.
2. At the end of this workshop, a small competition will be organized among the participating students and winners will be awarded with a 'Certificate of Excellence'.
3. Certificate of Coordination for the coordinators of the school workshops.
This course is open to all students interested in CHUCK GLIDER
Students interested for a career in Aerospace and Aviation related fields of engineering