Python is a programming language that lets you work more quickly and integrate your systems more effectively. You can learn to use Python and see almost immediate gains in productivity and lower maintenance costs.
Python is a remarkably powerful dynamic programming language that is used in a wide variety of application domains. Python is often compared to Tcl, Perl, Ruby, Scheme or Java. Some of its key distinguishing features include:
1. Very clear, readable syntax
2. Strong introspection capabilities
3. Intuitive object orientation
4. Natural expression of procedural code
5. Full modularity, supporting hierarchical packages
6. Exception-based error handling
7. Very high level dynamic data types
8. Extensive standard libraries and third party modules for virtually every task
9. Extensions and modules easily written in C, C++ (or Java for Jython, or .NET languages for IronPython)
10. Embeddable within applications as a scripting interface.
1. Web and Internet Development
2. Database Access
3. Desktop GUIs
4. Scientific and Numeric Computing
6. Network Programming
7. Software Development
8.Game and 3D Graphics
Companies using Python: Google, Yahoo!, Youtube, CERN,NASA,ILM, ITA and many more !
Introduction to python
Writing Simple Programs
Types and Operation in python.
List and Tuples
Statements and Syntax
Assignments, Expressions and Print Statements
Introduction to Functions and Lambda Forms
Functions and Arguments and Scope
Understanding Modules in Python
Mixed usage modes
Introduction to OO Programming in python
Class coding basic
OOP and inheritance
New styles Classes
1. Certificate of Merit for all the workshop participants SAW RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT.
2. At the end of this workshop, a small competition will be organized among the participating students and winners will be awarded with a 'Certificate of Excellence'.
3. Certificate of Coordination for the coordinators of the campus workshops.